Why does life have to be so hard the older you get? I just had a birthday and it seems that life is just getting harder, not easier. Is it just me? Sometimes I just want to be like my kids, just fall out and kicking, screaming on the floor like a maniac. Or just cry for no reason without someone asking what's wrong honey, why are you crying? For one day, I want to just act like a little needy kid, who can be held, cuddled, rocked, patted to sleep and loved unconditionally. Is this too much to ask? We do this for our children why doesn't anyone do that for us in return? I'm sad now.....sorry just a feeling and I had to write something, so I was truly honest for once in my life.
-Candi
Candi,
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, sometimes its just nice to be a kid and not have to worry about anything. I wish we all could go back in time every now and than, just to be able to put a stop on everyday activies, like work and go home and tend to the kids and go back to work again the next day...okay I better stop now I am going to start crying. I hope everything gets better for you real soon. Take care.
Lauren
Candi,
ReplyDeleteSounds great. Life does seem to get harder as we get older. Sometimes I feel that I'm doing tasks at a snail’s pace and an hour of time is counting down like a hundredth of a second basketball clock. I think we do too much in society that doesn't matter. We do things to impress people we don't like with things we don't need. We need to focus on our families and what is really important. Thank you for your blog. I'm glad that you were honest.
James
Hi Candi,
ReplyDeleteThis is how I felt today. I get frustrated when my son throw a fit, but in reality, I think we all want to at times.
I like your honesty. Opening up allows others to open up and tear the walls down a bit. Thanks for that honesty and vulnerability. I think we all get tired of being strong and in control all the time. Go ahead and be a kid....
ReplyDeleteI think the older we get, the more responsibilites we have. We go from being taken care of by our parents to actually being the parents. When we are younger all we want to do is grow up and now that we are adults, we wish it wouldn't have gone so fast! I had a very stressful day last week and by bedtime I just wanted to scream and kick and throw a fit like a 3 year old. Of course, we would look pretty silly doing that! So we just learn our own ways to deal with the stressors of life! Remember to take time out for yourself :)
ReplyDeleteCandi, I don't want to grow up either. I told my parents to stop throwing parties when I was 16 in hopes that I could just stay that young. Still, every year someone makes a cake and counts out more candles... and teases me about how I am another year older. I imagine when I get ALOT older I will be happy that I lived another year but for now, I would just like to not age.
ReplyDeleteHello Candace,
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel. I cried myself to sleep yesterday thinking the same thing I wish I was a kid again. Its even harder when my husband isn't here to ask me whats wrong or just hold me and that's makes it even worst. Sometimes its okay to scream, cry, talk about it or throw a fit as long as nobody is around when you throw the fit..lol
Hello Candi,
ReplyDeleteI think you must be reading how I have been feeling lately. I could not agree more about wanting to be a kid. There are some days when I just want to scream, holler, roll around in the floor and have no one look at me like I am crazy LOL. I would also love to not have to worry about a job, bills, laundry, cleaning house but those unfortunally are a thing of our past. Oh well we can always wish. :)